Travel Photography - Italy 2012 - Umbria, Rome and Surroundings (part 1 of 2)

My absence from the MoscaPhoto blogging world is justified, I promise.

I had the opportunity to visit my country (Italy) this past May 14th to 25th 2012, after nine long years of absence. Almost one decade away from any place, makes it for a very exciting and emotional time. Many things have changed in nine years, while traditions and foods and the beauty that is Italy, remained the same.

I visited with all of my family members, had an amazing time around the region of Umbria (where my parents live and where I had never been) and loved revisiting my city (Rome) and my town (Bracciano).

I am really excited to show you a handful of my favorite images from my 9 day trip, and have decided to split the post up into two different ones (one per day) because I realized that even if I am picking a handful of favorites, I have WAY too many to post all at once :)

My goal is to travel back to my home country more often, and to spread MoscaPhoto's reach there as well. There are many months in any one year, making it highly possible for us to spend regular quality time for a few month out of each year, away from Portland. This is a dream I have had for a long time and am not sure when it will actually happen, but I am working hard to move it forward. Ideally, I would have you (our amazing clients) commission us as photographers, in Italy. Being fluent in Italian is a big plus, too :)

OK! Here it is! Part 1 of 3 of my short but oh-so-amazing trip to Italy. Thank you to my parents and aunt for entertaining me and showing me around after all this time <3

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy



San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

San Gemini, Umbria, Italy

Nepi, Umbria, Italy

Random ruin on the road

Trevignano Romano, Lazio, Italy

Trevignano Romano, Lazio, Italy

Trevignano Romano, Lazio, Italy

Trevignano Romano, Lazio, Italy

View of Anguillara Sabazia, Lazio, from the road

Gorgeous house seen while on the road


Random medieval town on the side of the road

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - Entrance gate

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - World famous for it's meats and black truffles

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - World famous for it's meats and black truffles

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - World famous for it's meats and black truffles

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - World famous for it's meats and black truffles

Norcia, Umbria, Italy - World famous for it's meats and black truffles

View of an Umbia valley while driving to the top

View of the beautiful valley with the medieval town of Castelluccio (Umbria) in the distance


View of the beautiful valley with the medieval town of Castelluccio (Umbria) in the distance

Castelluccio, Umbria - World famous for it's production of delicious lentils (the whole valley blooms once a year)

Castelluccio, Umbria - World famous for it's production of delicious lentils

Italy in trees in the Castelluccio (Umbria) valley

Random medieval town from the side of the road

Random street scene from the side of the road




Random gorgeous house on the side of the road


Please check back tomorrow for Part 2 of 2 of my images from Italy.
It will include photographs from Rome as well!
Thanks for looking!


Comments

  1. Great photos! One of our favorite countries to visit!! You have now given us a few more places to check out!!
    kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Thank You for visiting our blog!


We really appreciate you being here and commenting.


~ Alice & Josh





Popular posts from this blog

Birdcage veil, suspenders and a beautiful summer day at Gorge Crest Vineyards.

The King Estate Winery wedding of Keri & Tucker

The most unique MoscaPhoto engagement session to date!